Our 1494 £500 Membership makes a truly unusual gift for whisky lovers and enthusiasts, and a bottle from the first Limited Edition bottling of Lindores Abbey Aqua Vitae is included with every membership.
AS A MEMBER OF THE 1494 YOU RECEIVE:
- A bottle from the first Limited Edition bottling of Lindores Abbey Aqua Vitae (70CL, 40%ABV)
- Entry into our cask ballot to win a 200L cask of Lindores Abbey Single Malt
- A donation is made on your behalf to the Preservation Society and a tree is planted in our new orchards in your name (which you are welcome to come and plant with prior arrangement)
- A bottle (1 of only 1494) from our first distillery bottling of Lindores Abbey Single Malt Whisky (70CL, 40%+ ABV), ready and sent out to you when our Distillery Manager declares it ready
- First offer on any other Limited Edition bottlings and rights to your own bottle number each time
- A welcome pack with wooden membership card entitling you to free entry at the distillery and visitor centre for you and a guest in the year you join
- Annual invitation to the Lindores Abbey ‘Bear Burning’ Ceremony and party for you and a guest
- 10% discount on our Online Shop and at the Visitor Centre
- 10% discount on venue hire
A TRULY UNIQUE GIFT FOR WHISKY LOVERS. BE PART OF SOMETHING SPECIAL
JOIN TODAY TO ENTER OUR CASK BALLOT
All ‘1494’ members will also be entered into a ballot to win one of the first Lindores Abbey Single Malt casks to be filled. *Cask will be a 200L ex-Woodford Reserve bourbon barrel (all associated duty and bottling costs paid for new owner, once the spirit reaches at least 3 years of age).
Be part of our Plans
Our 1494 £500 Memberships are for whisky and history lovers alike, who also want to be a part of the protection and conservation of Scotch Whisky’s oldest landmark. By becoming a 1494 £500 member, you will truly help us to preserve and continue the traditions that were established here over 500 years ago.
We want to see Lindores Abbey flourish again as a site for research, learning, brewing, distilling, horticulture, and even beekeeping. By reviving so many of the ancient crafts and traditions that were practised here centuries ago, as part of our Preservation Society we hope to see the site returned to its former glory. We have now built a Single Malt distillery in the grounds of the former Abbey. We are now looking forward to reinstating the heritage orchards and extensive gardens which were first introduced here by the Tironensian monks, following their arrival in the 12th Century.
In 2017, spirit started flowing once again from copper stills at Lindores Abbey. We try to learn as much as we can from the great Scottish distillers around us, both past and present. We are looking forward to bringing a very modern whisky-making approach to this ancient site. By purchasing a 1494 £500 Membership, you will be part of this vision.