Our 1494 £500 Membership makes a truly unusual gift for whisky lovers and enthusiasts. Our very first members release, The 1494, is exclusively sent to 1494 members, bearing their personal membership numbers.
Lindores is all about patience – it has taken us more than twenty years to turn our dream into a reality and deliver the very first whisky from here in more than 500 years.
To thank our founder 1494 members for their continued support and patience, we will add a complimentary 5cl bottle of The 1494 for them to enjoy without waiting for the special occasion to break in to their full-size bottle.
Membership is the only way to access our first ever release, and spaces are now extremely limited.
AS A MEMBER OF THE 1494 YOU RECEIVE:
- A complimentary bottle (1 of only 1494) from our first distillery bottling of Lindores Abbey Single Malt Whisky (70CL)
- A complimentary bottle from the first Limited Edition bottling of Lindores Abbey Aqua Vitae (70CL, 40%ABV)
- First offer on Limited Edition bottlings and rights to your own bottle number, when applicable.
- A welcome pack with wooden membership card entitling you to FREE entry for life (non transferable) to the distillery for yourself and allows you to bring a guest along for free in the year you join.
- Complimentary tickets to the Lindores Abbey ‘Bear Burning’ Ceremony and VIP Reception party for you and a guest
- 10% discount on our Online Shop and at the Visitor Centre
- 10% discount on venue hire
- A donation is made on your behalf to the Preservation Society and a tree is planted in our new orchards in your name (which you are welcome to come and plant with prior arrangement)
A TRULY UNIQUE GIFT FOR WHISKY LOVERS. BE PART OF SOMETHING SPECIAL
Be part of our Plans
Our 1494 £500 Memberships are for whisky and history lovers alike, who also want to be a part of the protection and conservation of Scotch Whisky’s oldest landmark. By becoming a 1494 £500 member, you will truly help us to preserve and continue the traditions that were established here over 500 years ago.
We want to see Lindores Abbey flourish again as a site for research, learning, brewing, distilling, horticulture, and even beekeeping. By reviving so many of the ancient crafts and traditions that were practised here centuries ago, as part of our Preservation Society we hope to see the site returned to its former glory. We have now built a Single Malt distillery in the grounds of the former Abbey. We are now looking forward to reinstating the heritage orchards and extensive gardens which were first introduced here by the Tironensian monks, following their arrival in the 12th Century.
In 2017, spirit started flowing once again from copper stills at Lindores Abbey. We try to learn as much as we can from the great Scottish distillers around us, both past and present. We are looking forward to bringing a very modern whisky-making approach to this ancient site. By purchasing a 1494 £500 Membership, you will be part of this vision.