INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.lindoresabbeydistillery.com is a site operated by Lindores Abbey Distillery (“We”, “Us”). We are a Distillery. Our offices are at Lindores Abbey House, Abbey Road, Newburgh, Fife, KY14 6HH.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
In particular nothing posted on our site constitutes investment advice or an invitation or inducement to acquire or dispose of investments or to enter into any investment activity including, without limitation, exercising any rights attaching to investments.
We accept no duty of care to any person other than as expressly agreed in writing in an engagement letter signed by us and a client.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged. No licence is granted for the use of any material on our site (other than internet browsing) expect as explicitly agreed in writing between us.
OUR SITE CHANGES REGULARLY
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
The courts of Scotland will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
Any imagery, or content on this site remain the property of The Lindores Distilling Co .Ltd (Lindores Abbey Distillery) and any reproduction should happen only with the consent of Lindores Abbey Distillery.
We can only sell alcohol products to those aged 18 and over. By placing an order, you confirm that you are at least 18 years of age.
We accept payment online by Debit Card, Visa, Mastercard, Delta, American Express & Maestro. Please telephone +44 1337 842547 for further details.
All payment transactions on our site are performed using a secure server with 128 bit SSL encryption. Transactions are made on our behalf by Worldpay and Santander.
You can read our full Cookies Policy here.
To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent and you are over the age of 18, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third-party databases. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you consent to such checks being made.
In performing these checks, personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998
All prices quoted include VAT at the current rate of 20%. All goods remain the property of the Lindores Abbey Distillery until paid for in full. Prices and manufacturers’ specifications are subject to change at any time, without notice. Pricing on our website and in our onsite shop may differ. Orders taken over the phone will be charged at onsite prices. Please note, we only ship within the UK and Europe. The cost of postage is currently a flat rate of £6 per delivery in the UK and £10 for Europe.
The Lindores Abbey Distillery delivers to the UK and Europe only
Most orders are dispatched within 48 hours of order being placed. We only dispatch and deliver Monday-Friday.
Orders are shipped by a national courier network. It is important to inspect the items for damage before you sign for delivery. Please allow up to 7 working days for delivery. The courier will attempt 2 deliveries – after this, the package(s) will be returned to your local post office or courier depot and will be held for you to collect for two weeks. Packages uncollected after this period will be returned to our warehouse where you will be credited for the cost of the goods but NOT the shipping charges.
The Lindores Abbey Distillery does not accept liability for failed or delayed deliveries resulting from inaccurate information supplied within orders.
In the event of non-availability of goods, we will contact you to arrange alternatives or a refund where applicable.
In the event of any defect in any item purchased the following will apply:
If an item is faulty on delivery we will send an immediate replacement (if in stock) and collect the broken item. Otherwise simply send the item back to us, packed to the same standard as you received it, and we will replace it as appropriate and return at no cost.
If we have collected any item which proves not to be faulty, then the customer shall be liable to pay for the uplift and delivery charge.
If we have arranged an uplift for any reason from a customer, and the customer is not at home at the agreed time, or the goods are not able to be collected due to a lack of packing then we will either charge a ‘journey’ fee (charged to us by our courier), or ask that the item be returned by the customer directly.
ALL returns must be authorised by email or phone by the Lindores Abbey Distillery before being returned. This is to ensure correct tracking of your goods and any refunds or replacements that may be due.
Please ensure that the returned items are boxed and securely packaged for the journey back to us. Failure to do so may result in damage to the item which we will not be held responsible for.
TOUR BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Ticket holders should arrive at the Lindores Abbey Distillery reception desk at least 10 minutes prior to the time printed on the ticket. Should you miss your allocated time entry cannot be guaranteed.
- Your booking reference must be produced as proof of booking on the day of the visit.
- Payments for tickets are non-refundable and tickets may only be changed or replaced at the discretion of the Lindores Abbey Distillery
- Tickets are non-transferable.
- All persons taking a tour of the Lindores Abbey Distillery must purchase a ticket. Tickets must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required.
- Any tickets purchased in advance are not valid in conjunction with any other voucher, promotion, special offer or package.
- No ticket may be resold. If the Lindores Abbey Distillery reasonably believes that a ticket has been resold, the holder may be refused entry to the Lindores Abbey Distillery tour without payment of compensation.
- Prices may be subject to change, however all pre-booked tickets will be honoured at the rate applied at the time of purchase.
- A child is aged between 0 and 17 years inclusive. An adult is aged 18 years and over. Children aged 17 and under are free. Tour visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult, aged 18 years or over at all times. One paying adult may supervise up to a maximum of 5 children/under 18’s in the tour area.
- To prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles from being taken into the Tour Experience, all visitors are admitted subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves and/or their belongings to be searched.
- Photography is permitted in the exhibition and tour areas. To prevent fire risk flash photography is strictly prohibited within the distillery area.
- In accordance with Scottish Law and to prevent fire risk smoking is strictly prohibited.
- Pets and animals are prohibited inside the Visitor Centre and Distillery with the exception of guide dogs and hearing dogs. Supervised pets are allowed on cafe terrace area.
- As a licensed premises the Lindores Abbey Distillery retains the right at its discretion to refuse entry. The Lindores Abbey Distillery promotes responsible drinking.
- The Lindores Abbey Distillery will endeavour to ensure that the tour experience is open for use by visitors. However, The Lindores Abbey Distillery reserves the right, in its discretion, for safety, maintenance or otherwise to close any part of the experience with or without prior notice. In the event of such closure The Lindores Abbey Distillery will issue visitors with a full refund for their ticket, but otherwise shall have no liability whatever, including no liability for travel or out of pocket expenses in respect of closure or cancellation.
- Other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from Lindores Abbey Distillery’s negligence, Lindores Abbey Distillery, its employees or agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, howsoever arising, including without limitation any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused during the course of any visit undertaken and/or during evacuation from the Lindores Abbey Distillery
- From time to time the Lindores Abbey Distillery or other authorised parties may carry out photography and/or video recording and/or other monitoring in or in the vicinity of the visitor centre and distillery which may feature visitors. By accepting these terms and conditions, you agree that the Lindores Abbey Distillery or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with the Lindores Abbey Distillery or such authorised party (as the case may be).
- These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with Scottish law, any claim brought against these conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish law.
Thank you for visiting our site.