INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.lindoresabbeydistillery.com is a site operated by Lindores Abbey Distillery (“We”, “Us”). We are a Distillery. Our offices are at Lindores Abbey House, Abbey Road, Newburgh, Fife, KY14 6HH.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
In particular nothing posted on our site constitutes investment advice or an invitation or inducement to acquire or dispose of investments or to enter into any investment activity including, without limitation, exercising any rights attaching to investments.
We accept no duty of care to any person other than as expressly agreed in writing in an engagement letter signed by us and a client.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged. No licence is granted for the use of any material on our site (other than internet browsing) expect as explicitly agreed in writing between us.
OUR SITE CHANGES REGULARLY
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
The courts of Scotland will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
Any imagery, or content on this site remain the property of The Lindores Distilling Co .Ltd (Lindores Abbey Distillery) and any reproduction should happen only with the consent of Lindores Abbey Distillery.
We can only sell alcohol products to those aged 18 and over. By placing an order, you confirm that you are at least 18 years of age.
We accept payment online by Debit Card, Visa, Mastercard, Delta, American Express. Please telephone +44 1337 842547 for further details.
All payment transactions on our site are performed using a secure server with 128 bit SSL encryption. Transactions are made on our behalf by Worldpay and Santander.
You can read our full Cookies Policy here.
To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent and you are over the age of 18, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third-party databases. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you consent to such checks being made.
In performing these checks, personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998
All prices quoted include VAT at the current rate of 20%. All goods remain the property of the Lindores Abbey Distillery until paid for in full. Prices and manufacturers’ specifications are subject to change at any time, without notice. Pricing on our website and in our onsite shop may differ. Orders taken over the phone will be charged at onsite prices. Please note, we only ship within the UK and Europe. The cost of postage is currently a flat rate of £6 per delivery in the UK and £10 for Europe.
These terms and conditions will apply to all transactions on our website. You should read through them carefully before placing your order.
When you place an order, we will require your name, and e-mail address. Without this information we will not be able to process your request or notify you of acceptance of your order.
A contact telephone number is also required so that we may reach you if there is a problem with your order, or if your order requires a delivery quote. We may, unless you advise us otherwise, pass this information to our couriers or other agents in case they need to contact you to arrange the processing or delivery of your order. As part of our efforts to ensure that you are aware of the latest developments and offers, we may also use this information to advise you of new products, special offers or changes to our site. If you would rather not receive this information, please send an email to: email@example.com
The Lindores Abbey Distillery delivers to the UK and Europe only and is £6 flat rate (UK only).
Most orders are dispatched within 48 hours of order being placed. We only dispatch and deliver Monday-Friday.
Orders are shipped by a national courier network. It is important to inspect the items for damage before you sign for delivery. Please allow up to 7 working days for delivery. The courier will attempt 2 deliveries – after this, the package(s) will be returned to your local post office or courier depot and will be held for you to collect for two weeks. Packages uncollected after this period will be returned to our warehouse where you will be credited for the cost of the goods but NOT the shipping charges.
International Orders: Orders for European destinations usually take 5-10 days to arrive. Orders for other worldwide destinations can take 5-20 working days to arrive. There may be additional charges for delivery to some remote areas / regions in some countries.
These timeframes are those recommended by Royal Mail and other Courier companies that we use and based on normal weather and operational conditions. In exceptional and unforeseen circumstances there could be delays that result in an order arriving after the predicted delivery date.
Orders from outside of the UK:
FROM 1ST JAN 2021: We are still able to ship to Europe, although orders placed from outside of the UK, including all of Europe and EAA are subject to taxes and duty on arrival at the destination country. The delivery price quoted on our site does not include these charges. Lindores Abbey does not control import duty charges nor are we liable to pay any of these charges. Please check if these apply before ordering.
Unfortunately, currently we are unable to send bottles to the USA, Canada, Russia*. We are hoping to appoint distributors soon, after which we will be delighted to ship Lindores ‘Aqua Vitae’ to whisky lovers across the world. Please contact us so we can arrange an alternative way of getting your order to you.
*You can buy 1494 Memberships online from Russia and we have local distributors who will ship your spirits to you.
The Lindores Abbey Distillery does not accept liability for failed or delayed deliveries resulting from inaccurate information supplied within orders.
We will obtain authorisation on your card before your order can be accepted. Once authorised we will send an order confirmation to the e-mail address you have supplied to us. You will be notified if there are any delays. If there are any problems with your order or if your item(s) is out of stock, you will be contacted by one of our customer services representatives either by email or by phone. We reserve the right to cancel your order if there is reason to until the point of dispatch. If this occurs, we will notify you and refund your order in full.
You are entitled to cancel this contract provided you contact us within 14 days of receiving your purchases. You then have a further 14 days to send the goods back to us. Provided the items are returned in their original condition and sent back in suitable packaging, we will give you a refund for the cost of the item including a standard delivery charge. If you wish to exchange your item, you can then place a new order for the item you wish to exchange your original order for.
Personalised items: any item that has been personalised is non refundable and non returnable.
If you wish to exercise your right to cancel this contract prior to order despatch, please contact our customer services department by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. If your order has already been despatched please follow the procedure set out in the Returns section.
Pricing and payment
Payment for all orders is in pounds sterling and at point of sale (not at the point of despatch) and inclusive of VAT. These converted prices are for guidance only and the amount you are charged by your card issuer / PayPal will differ. Many credit / debit card issuers now charge a conversion fee for transactions in currencies other than one one assigned to your card.
The total cost of your order is the price of the products ordered plus delivery. You confirm that the credit or debit card that is being used is your own. All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery. We reserve the right to withdraw any products from this site at any time and/or remove or edit any materials or content on this site. We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at our discretion. We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of our withdrawing any product from this site whether or not that product has been sold.
The price you pay is the price displayed on our website at the time we receive your order, and will be clearly stated on your order confirmation, with the following exception. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of confirming your order at the correct price, or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled, and will give you a full refund.
Online orders must be paid for by credit/debit card. We accept Visa, Delta card, MasterCard and Amex. Other methods of payment are available and include direct bank transfer. All goods will remain the property of Lindores Abbey Distillery until paid for in full. We do not accept cheques.
The products and services offered on our website are sold for use within the United Kingdom. Use of this web site shall be governed by Scottish Law and will be subject to the jurisdiction of the Scottish courts. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
Further help and advice regarding you statutory rights is available from Consumer Direct at www.consumerdirect.gov.uk or by calling 0845 4040506
In the event of non-availability of goods, we will contact you to arrange alternatives or a refund where applicable.
In the event of any defect in any item purchased the following will apply:
If an item is faulty on delivery we will send an immediate replacement (if in stock) and collect the broken item. Otherwise simply send the item back to us, packed to the same standard as you received it, and we will replace it as appropriate and return at no cost.
If we have collected any item which proves not to be faulty, then the customer shall be liable to pay for the uplift and delivery charge.
If we have arranged an uplift for any reason from a customer, and the customer is not at home at the agreed time, or the goods are not able to be collected due to a lack of packing then we will either charge a ‘journey’ fee (charged to us by our courier), or ask that the item be returned by the customer directly.
ALL returns must be authorised by email or phone by the Lindores Abbey Distillery before being returned. This is to ensure correct tracking of your goods and any refunds or replacements that may be due.
Please ensure that the returned items are boxed and securely packaged for the journey back to us. Failure to do so may result in damage to the item which we will not be held responsible for.
TOUR BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Ticket holders should arrive at the Lindores Abbey Distillery reception desk at least 10 minutes prior to the time printed on the ticket. Should you miss your allocated time entry cannot be guaranteed.
- Your booking reference must be produced as proof of booking on the day of the visit.
- Payments for tickets are non-refundable and tickets may only be changed or replaced at the discretion of the Lindores Abbey Distillery
- Tickets are non-transferable.
- All persons taking a tour of the Lindores Abbey Distillery must purchase a ticket. Tickets must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required.
- Any tickets purchased in advance are not valid in conjunction with any other voucher, promotion, special offer or package.
- No ticket may be resold. If the Lindores Abbey Distillery reasonably believes that a ticket has been resold, the holder may be refused entry to the Lindores Abbey Distillery tour without payment of compensation.
- Prices may be subject to change, however all pre-booked tickets will be honoured at the rate applied at the time of purchase.
- A child is aged between 0 and 17 years inclusive. An adult is aged 18 years and over. Children aged 17 and under are free. Tour visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult, aged 18 years or over at all times. One paying adult may supervise up to a maximum of 5 children/under 18’s in the tour area.
- To prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles from being taken into the Tour Experience, all visitors are admitted subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves and/or their belongings to be searched.
- Photography is permitted in the exhibition and tour areas. To prevent fire risk flash photography is strictly prohibited within the distillery area.
- In accordance with Scottish Law and to prevent fire risk smoking is strictly prohibited.
- Pets and animals are prohibited inside the Visitor Centre and Distillery with the exception of guide dogs and hearing dogs. Supervised pets are allowed on cafe terrace area.
- As a licensed premises the Lindores Abbey Distillery retains the right at its discretion to refuse entry. The Lindores Abbey Distillery promotes responsible drinking.
- The Lindores Abbey Distillery will endeavour to ensure that the tour experience is open for use by visitors. However, The Lindores Abbey Distillery reserves the right, in its discretion, for safety, maintenance or otherwise to close any part of the experience with or without prior notice. In the event of such closure The Lindores Abbey Distillery will issue visitors with a full refund for their ticket, but otherwise shall have no liability whatever, including no liability for travel or out of pocket expenses in respect of closure or cancellation.
- Other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from Lindores Abbey Distillery’s negligence, Lindores Abbey Distillery, its employees or agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, howsoever arising, including without limitation any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused during the course of any visit undertaken and/or during evacuation from the Lindores Abbey Distillery
- From time to time the Lindores Abbey Distillery or other authorised parties may carry out photography and/or video recording and/or other monitoring in or in the vicinity of the visitor centre and distillery which may feature visitors. By accepting these terms and conditions, you agree that the Lindores Abbey Distillery or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with the Lindores Abbey Distillery or such authorised party (as the case may be).
- These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with Scottish law, any claim brought against these conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish law.
Thank you for visiting our site.