Who we are
Lindores Abbey Distillery
Our company registration number is: SC 442379, The Lindores Distilling Co Ltd
Any electronic communications will be made in accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR)
What information do we collect about you?
We collect the personal data that you may volunteer as part of tour bookings, online purchases, Membership or donation forms, e-newsletter sign-ups and visitor surveys.
Personal information we collect may include:
- your name, title, gender and date of birth;
- postal address, email address and phone number;
- family and spouse/partner details, relationships to other donors and/or Members;
- current interests and activities.
We will also collect and hold information about any contact you have with us as a visitor, customer, member or supporter of Lindores Abbey Distillery, and may consist of details of:
- tour purchase and event registration / attendance;
- online retail purchases;
- contact preferences;
- details of correspondence sent to you, or received from you;
- where relevant, selected media coverage;
- any other information provided by yourself at the request of Lindores Abbey Distillery.
We also collect data that you may volunteer as of making online purchases, and may consist of details of:
- In order to effectively process credit or debit card transactions, it may be necessary for the bank or card processing agency to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Such information will not be transferred out of the EEA for any other purpose.
- Your preferences and use of e-mail updates recorded by e-mails we send you if you select to receive e-mail updates on products and offers.
- Your IP Address, which is a string of numbers unique to your computer, which is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the website. This information is used to monitor usage of the website.
When we ask you to provide your personal information we will let you know why we are asking, and how we will use your data, by directing you towards this notice.
What we do with your information
Depending on your relationship with Lindores Abbey Distillery, and the preferences you have indicated, data we hold may be used by us for the following purposes:
- To process your order, to provide after sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service), and to provide Membership services.
- In certain cases, we may use your e-mail address to send you information on our other products and services.
- Send you promotional or marketing information by post, telephone or electronic means. These types of communications can include:
- Informing you of other products or events related to Lindores Abbey Distillery, such as exhibitions, events, or retail offers.
- News and updates about Lindores Abbey Distillery, such as via marketing or supporter e-newsletters.
- Information on our events, including occasional targeted invitations to consider attending an event at Lindores Abbey Distillery, or to ask you to consider supporting us in other ways.
- Other relevant communications based upon your relationship or Membership with Lindores Abbey Distillery.
- Data screening and cleansing, to check if we have accurate contact details for you – see How we update, screen and analyse your informationfor further information.
- To send you surveys, and for market research purposes.
- Tools may be used to monitor the effectiveness of our communications with you, including email tracking, which records when an e-newsletter from us is opened and/or how many links are clicked within the message. The data from this tracking is generally used in an aggregated and anonymised form.
How we update, screen and analyse your information
We continuously review records of supporters to ensure your data is as accurate as possible. We may consult alternative sources in order undertake these checks, such as:
- Royal Mail National Change of Address database (NCOA);
- BT Operator Services Information System (OSIS);
- Newspaper articles, publications and company websites;
- Any other publicly available sources.
Where we appoint an external party to undertake a screening of information, any such arrangements will be subject to a formal agreement between Lindores Abbey Distillery and that organisation, to protect the security of your data.
We may segment the information we hold about you in our database based on an engagement score. These scores are calculated using personal data, as well as how engaged with us you have previously been, and indicators of future engagement. Analysis of this helps us understand our Members to ensure we are efficient and that only relevant communications are sent to you.
You can opt-out of your data being utilised for data cleaning or analysis (with the aims of targeting communications with you appropriately, or finding up to date contact information in the case of gone away mail) simply by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we might share your information with
We do not disclose personal data to any third parties or external organisations, other than data processors carrying out work on our behalf.
Examples of such data processors would be mailing houses for the sending of event invites, or bulk email distribution services.
Any such companies are acting as approved data processors for Lindores Abbey Distillery, and we retain full responsibility for your personal data. Data processors will act only on our instructions.
We may occasionally need to transfer your personal information overseas, for instance to our bulk email distributor, MailChimp. Where this is necessary, this may be to countries or territories around the world.
We are required to ensure any transfers of data will be done securely, in accordance with best practice, and in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Your data will never be sold or passed to any third party for any other purpose.
How we keep your information secure
We have implemented security procedures, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from:
- unauthorised access;
- improper use or disclosure;
- unauthorised modification.
All our employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are legally obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors’ and members’ personal data.
How can I access the information about me, and correction of information?
You can ask us if we are keeping any personal data about you and you can also request to receive a copy of that personal data – this is called a Subject Access Request.
To make a Subject Access Request you will need to provide adequate proof of identity such as a copy of your passport, birth certificate or driving licence before your request can be processed. There may also be a fee of up to £10 depending on the volume of work required.
Please try to be as clear as possible about the information you are seeking.
Once we have received your Subject Access Request, the agreed fee and proof of identity, you will receive a response from us within 40 days and you will be able to get copies of any information we hold on you. However, exemptions to disclosure may apply in some circumstances.
Subject Access Requests should be sent to:
Data Protection Officer, Lindores Abbey Distillery, Abbey Road, Lindores, KY14 6HH, Email: email@example.com
At any time you may request that we delete or correct your personal information. If you wish to correct any information on you held by Lindores Abbey Distillery, simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to our privacy notice
We regularly review our privacy notice and may make changes time to time. Any changes made will be posted to this page and will apply from the time we post them. This privacy notice was last changed on 01 May 2018.
How to contact us
If you have any comments on our privacy notice, or information we hold about you please contact us:
- by email to email@example.com
- or write to us at Lindores Abbey Distillery, Abbey Road, Lindores, KY14 6HH.