Lindores Abbey Distillery is delighted to announce that it will be working with Gordon & MacPhail as its exclusive distributor in the United Kingdom. The distillery – the spiritual home of Scotch whisky – will be added to Gordon & MacPhail’s growing exclusive distributor portfolio.
Drew McKenzie Smith, founder and MD of Lindores Abbey Distillery, commented: “We are delighted to be working with Gordon & MacPhail. Lindores is, above all, a family business, and we admire the company’s similar family-oriented outlook. In many ways, this marks a return to the very roots of Lindores Abbey Distillery, as our inaugural limited edition bottling was a 15 year old Speyside malt supplied by Gordon & MacPhail nearly twenty years ago”.
James Taylor, Buying Manager for Gordon & MacPhail, added: ‘We are very excited to be working with Lindores Abbey Distillery and look forward to their Aqua Vitae complementing our existing portfolio of quality whiskies and spirits.”
Lindores Abbey Distillery is currently producing Aqua Vitae, a tribute to the origins of Scotch Whisky as we know it today. It is a versatile, spirit drink made from a blend of herbs, spices and single malt new make spirit and can be used in a vast array of cocktails or simply sipped neat. For more recipes visit our website here.
Gordon & MacPhail’s wholesale business serves customers throughout the United Kingdom selling whiskies and premium spirits and is one part of the multi-faceted family-owned business. Gordon & MacPhail also matures and bottles some of the world’s rarest single malts.
The London launch of Aqua Vitae will take place today, Monday 24th September at Original Sin in Stoke Newington, following a series of successful Scottish launches in Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Dundee and Glasgow.
For further information, interviews and images, please contact Poppy McKenzie Smith –firstname.lastname@example.org
· Lindores Abbey was founded in 1191 by David Earl of Huntingdon, on land overlooking the River Tay, given to him by his brother King William I. It was visited by Kings and Queens, warriors and statesmen. William Wallace took refuge with 300 of his men after their victory over the English.
· Built directly on the site of the Lindores dairy farm steading Drew McKenzie Smith’s great grandfather bought in 1913, the Lindores Abbey Visitor Centre has been crafted from original Abbey stone. It features an illustrated history of the Tironensian monks who founded the Abbey. The records, artefacts and scriptures of their time at Lindores are displayed within the stunning new Cloister of the venue, which will also serve as a unique event and private dining space which can seat 60 guests at its stately 52 foot oak table.
· Lindores Abbey ruins, where William Wallace rested after the Battle of Black Earnside in 1298, the burial site of the first Duke of Rothesay, and a place of exceptional tranquility and beauty, are open to the public by appointment.
Gordon & MacPhail
· Since its founding in 1895, Gordon & MacPhail’s policy has been to send casks to distilleries throughout Scotland, fill them with ‘new make’ spirit and mature them either at the distillery of origin or in the firm’s own bonded warehouses in Elgin.
· Gordon & MacPhail bottles some of the world’s oldest and rarest single malt Scotch whiskies and sells in over 30 markets worldwide.
· In spring 2018 the company announced the relaunch of its portfolio of single malt Scotch whiskies to continue strengthening the reputation of the brand globally. The portfolio has been streamlined into five distinct ranges: ‘Discovery’, ‘Distillery Labels’, ‘Connoisseurs Choice’, ‘Private Collection’, and ‘Generations’.
Gordon & MacPhail Retail
· Gordon & MacPhail was established in 1895 with the opening of a retail shop in Elgin, selling high quality teas, coffees, groceries and wines and spirits. Continuing to trade today, the shop is popular with visitors and locals alike and has been awarded Visit Scotland Five Star status. A dedicated Whisky Room is an Aladdin’s Cave for whisky enthusiasts and stocks over 1,000 different variants. The Wine & Spirits Room stores a wide selection of wines and an eclectic mix of spirits, whilst the Grocery department continues to sell high quality goods and stock an excellent delicatessen.